Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Oops, I forgot to check the mirror!

Have you ever wondered if someone forgot to look in the mirror before they left the house? I have! Man, some of the outfits people wear out in public just blow my mind.  But then, I stop and wonder if anyone sees me and says, "Man, don't she own a mirror?"  I guess it's true, "Beauty IS in the eye of the beholder."

We've all heard that beauty is only skin deep, but what's on the outside IS important, because if YOU aren't happy with the woman in the mirror, ain't nobody gonna be happy. If you don't believe me, ask your husband, or a trusted friend, if they can tell a difference in your attitude when you feel good about yourself.

And speaking of mirrors, it's amazing how you can totally ignore a 3 ft. x 5 ft. reflective object in the same room with you. But boy when I've put on extra pounds, I refuse to look at myself in the mirror.  That makes the extra pounds a little easier to live with or it makes it a little bit easier to ignore them.  But they are still there, and I find if I don't do something about them, eventually they invite their friends and family over for the party and before you know it, in just a few short months, there are 15, 20, or 30 uninvited guest pounds taking up residence on my hips, thighs, stomach, and midriff. 

So, those pounds are not going to magically disappear, and they will only leave for a season unless we change the lifestyle that got us where we are.  We have to first undo the damage, and extra weight is damaging.  Next we have to change our mindset and our life style.  We have to learn that we eat a whole lot more than we think we do, and we have to make up our minds that, "TODAY IS GOING TO BE THE FIRST DAY OF THE BEST OF MY LIFE".  No BEST is not a typo. Once you make up your mind that you want to get to a healthier weight it will be a better life.

So, are you ready to do this?  I think you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment